Fwd: Re: WNNW-AM 1110 on at night 4/19

 ---- you wrote:
> In a message dated 4/20/00 6:39:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> lglavin@lycosmail.com writes:
>
> <<  I'll keep
>  checking but as I recall, its "backdraft" signal
>  also reaches into the Merrimack Valley in Massachusetts >>
>
> Has anyone noticed how STRONG this station (WNNW) comes in (daytime) around
> Woburn?   A real dog-fight with 1120 WBNW in Woburn.  Hash on each signal.
> LAst I knew, WNNW is highly directional NORTH, from Salem NH, with a small
> circle somewhat reaching Lawrence.     3-towers, from what I hear;  never
> seen 'em though.
>
> ---jibguy

The WNNW towers are indeed HARD to find...they're in
a field behind a trailer park at the Salem, NH/
Pelham, NH border just off Rt 38.  As I recall, they're
very short, about 130 feet and are less tall than some
surrounding trees.  The FCC database says they
broadcast with four towers, but the last time I
checked, there were only two.  Maybe if the
weather EVER clears, I'll go back and make sure...
on the prior occasion I viewed them was from the road
and my eyesight is much better now (an eye operation
last summer). One of my radios (and like a typical
radio geek, I have many more radios than is healthy)
has a vu-meter type signal strength meter.  It
doesn't tell me the signal strength in mv/M, but
tells me comparative signal strength, and I know
WNNW is stronger in West Methuen now than it was when
it went on the air.

Get free personalized email at http://email.lycos.com