Re: WRKO on a 50kW FM station?!?

I live in Hampden County but I know Boston Radio very well. I suppose
that WQSX (star 93.7) would not be a very good match because its
transmiter site is on the Prudential Center, which does not reach Canobie
Lake Park (at least I think) in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, where Canobie
Lake Park is located i think. I also think that they could possibly get a
new frequency to put their radio station on, but they would have a lot of
competition from 103.3 and 105.7.

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000 07:43:47 -0400 "Dan Strassberg"
<Dan.Strassberg@worldnet.att.net> writes:
> Well, the two most "obvious" (based on format) are WODS and WROR, but
> since
> neither is owned by Entercom, we can forget those two. I guess it
> will be
> 93.7 (aren't the calls du jour WQSX?). Somehow, I can't see even a
> weekend
> of this kind of oldies programming on WAAF. Also, isn't Canobie Lake
> in NH?
> 93.7 has a pretty good signal in southern NH. And so does WRKO. I
> guess it
> kinda fits.
>
> You don't suppose that Entercom is thinking of yet another format
> flip for
> 93.7? The market's _third_ oldies station? Naah. I guess the idea is
> to blur
> the distinction between disco and oldies in an attempt to attract
> some of
> the oldies audience to 93.7.
>
> --
>
> Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@worldnet.att.net
> Phone: 1-617-558-4205, eFax: 1-707-215-6367

Adam Rivers
Hampden Co., MA
12 years old

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!