From: Dave Faneuf <tklaundry@juno.com>
To: BRUCES@boston.cbs.com
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 17:26:22 -0400
Subject: Re: Non-compete contract

On Mon, 17 Apr 2000 11:18:55 -0400 "Schwoegler, Bruce W"
<BRUCES@boston.cbs.com> writes:
Actually, Bruce got me thinking that I had not seen the wording of the
non-compete law in some time so I looked it up.  Basically it says when
your relationship with your company is over, either by termination,
mutual agreement or the end of a contract you are free to work anywhere
for anyone.

for the exact law you can go to

www.state.ma.us/legisl/laws/selaw98/s1980237.htm

If you get lost look under Chapter 237 of the Acts of 1998.

df

> I believe that a no-compete CAN STILL BE ENFORCED if you cut and run
> to the
> competition under the new law.  In that case, you initiated the
> departure
> for personal gain at the expense of the current employer.
>
> Bruce Schwoegler

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.