Re: Non-compete contract

At 04:47 PM 4/17/00 -0400, Dave Faneuf wrote:
>I agree I think employers brought the non-compete ban on themselves by
>enforcing it even when the employer terminated the services of the
>employee.  I personally know of talent that had non-competes that
>prevented them from working ANYWHERE ON THE PLANET for a year or more
>after leaving the employ of the company regardless of why they left.

Why would ANYONE sign such a restrictive contract?  I can't picture any
station forcing this on some poor joe who does one weekend overnight shift
a week, and if someone were a sufficiently high-profile talent, one would
think that they would have some sort of business agent.  I can't imagine
any clause so restrictive as this would stand up in any court of law.