Re: WMAS Rumor

Also, keep in mind that Clear Channel stations in Hartford show up in the
Springfield book, particularly WKSS and WMRQ.  Those station shares, along with
the rest of the Springfield stations would put CC over the 40% share mark that
the Dept. of Justice does not like crossed.  They would also, in all
probability, control over 60% of the revenues, which also raises the red flags.
If Clear Channel bought WMAS-AM/FM, they would have to divest WPKX and at least
two of the AM's.

Mike Thomas
WXLO & Mediabase 24/7