Re: WBOQ sold?

Tax advantges are non-issue in this deal. Basically,
Cox assumes all of Marlin's operating
debt(for the entire company, not just any specific
stations). Cox then sells back 'BOQ and WCCC AM/FM
to Malin at whatever they're valued at the time
of the transaction. Cox ends up with more bank debt
and another station in its Miami cluster while
Marlin stays in the business(at least for now) and
starts off with a clean balance sheet...Marlin did
the same thing with ARS back in 1995....but 'TMI
actually cost more to operate than what it was bringing in.
It's almost 99% definite that Cox is going to change
WTMI's format from classical to something else once
the deal closes. Marlin was about to flip it to rock(
similar to what WCCC/Hartford has) right before the deal
with Cox...'TMI has been bleeding financially for
quite some time now. From what I gather Tanger tried
to keep it classical as long as he could but it's been
losing lots of $$$ in the last few years