Re: WMAS Rumor

>While brining tomorrows programming log up to the mountain tonight, our
>sales guy said there are rumors flying around in the area is that Clear
>channel has made an offer to purchase WMAS (94.7/1450 Springfield)from
>Lappin Communications.

Wouldn't that conflict with anti-trust regulations, seeing that Clear
Channel already owns 3 stations (WHYN, WNNZ, and WHYN-FM), and is getting
one more (WPKX) in the AMFM merger. I know that the FCC is flagging Saga for
only having 4 stations, would the same happen to the immense Clear Channel
for having 6?

Jason Bereza
Western New England Radio Guide: http://radio.simplenet.com/jb/wnerg