Baseball announcers (was Re: Theeeeeeeeeeeeee Red Sox win/XTRA in LA)

Mr. Waters, who is seemingly shameless in his support for the
 Yankees, writes:

> I believe, counselor, that the record will show that during the
>1999 regular season, the Red Sox won the season series against the New
>Yorks by a substantial margin. We all know the Red Sox only lose when it
>really counts.

In fact, the Sox won the regular season series 8-4 (IIRC) -- a very big
margin. And, if you listen to some Sox fans, they didn't lose the
playoff series; the umpires lost it for them.

Speaking of the Yankees, one of my favorite baseball announcers (and
probably one of the best in the business) is Suzyn Waldman from WFAN
and WNYW-TV. She's from Newton, and I have always wished that WEEI
would give her a chance to do Sox games and an evening talk show. I
doubt that Entercom would ever cough up the coin it would take to bring
her home, though.

 -Sean