Re: Baseball announcers (was Re: Theeeeeeeeeeeeee Red Sox win/XTRA in LA)

>Sean Smyth wrote:
>Mr. Waters, who is seemingly shameless in his support for the
> Yankees, writes:

        I don't know how you could reach that conclusion. Quite the
opposite. In fact, extremely the opposite. Can you say, "No, No, Nanette"
<g> ? I was just engaging in the sort of gallows humor that die-hard many
Red Sox fans must engage in in order to retain their sanity. My point was,
in the regular season, the Sox stomped the Yankees last year. Only in the
playoffs did they manage to lose. The Red Sox don't just lose World Series
like other teams. They always lose them in seven games (all four they've
been in since 1918). Etc.

>Speaking of the Yankees, one of my favorite baseball announcers (and
>probably one of the best in the business) is Suzyn Waldman from WFAN
>and WNYW-TV. She's from Newton, and I have always wished that WEEI
>would give her a chance to do Sox games and an evening talk show. I
>doubt that Entercom would ever cough up the coin it would take to bring
>her home, though.

        I agree completely, although since she's usually talking (very
intelligently and insightfully) about the Yankees or Mets, I pretty much
can't stand to listen to her <g>. Would she be the first female
play-by-play announcer ever for a major league team?