WBUR Fundraising letter

I got a fundraising letter today from WBUR.  It started "Dear WBUR Listener."
 I live in Maine so I am not a WBUR Listener.  Why are they writing to me?
It doesn't seem that writing to people in Maine would be very profitable for
them.  How did they get my address?  I have never contributed to WBUR or any
other public radio station.

Interesting to note that the letter included the following statement; "It is
our policy to sell, swap, exchange or trade the names of our listeners or
contributors with any organization."  That may be true but they most buy
lists from someone if they are writing to me.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine