Re: B101/Oldies 103

In a message dated 00-04-03 14:55:45 EDT, tklaundry@juno.com writes:

<<  but  when they arrive strictly because they are friends of the boss it
doesn't  matter how good they  turn out to be, they have 3 strikes against
them. >>

Several PD's for whom I've worked hired folks they knew from other gigs.
I did it myself as I knew I would be working with a known quanitity: someone
who I repected, could share my vision, and as the cliched ads in the trades
say, "gets it."

Would Morgan's friends stay employed if they were merely Morgan's friends?
Doesn't he and they have to be accountable for their performance? Cronyism
is not islolated to the swingin' world of broadcasting. But you knew that. :-)

David Iseman
Cape Cod, MA