Re: B101/Oldies 103

This is a duel message to ones that you and Dan wrote that are
essentially the same.

If you bring in a known quantity that is up to the task that is fine, if
you bring in friends because you can, that is an
entirely different story.  As far as accountability, in these days as
long as you are making budget no
one in the main office (New York) will question what you are doing and
since consolidation many
stations are being sold as a group in addition to individually so the
line tends to blur.

As far as the question of would they be employed without the PD, that is
a decision that you will have to make
after listening to them and listening to the other talent on the station
and in the market.   I'm not going there.

df

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000 20:20:25 EDT OnAir4U@aol.com writes:

> Would Morgan's friends stay employed if they were merely Morgan's
> friends?
> Doesn't he and they have to be accountable for their performance?
> Cronyism
> is not islolated to the swingin' world of broadcasting. But you knew
> that. :-)
>
> David Iseman
> Cape Cod, MA

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!