Re: NERW 3/24: WFAU Loses A Tower, WFNX Gains A State, NERW VisitsCalifornia...

In a message dated 3/25/2000 8:13:24 PM, nostatic@earthlink.net writes:

<< Wonder what the folks at WBCN think about this one, since they have always
done well in the Providence book from what I gather... >>

My question is not about what the BCN people think about this, my question is
what the BRU people think about this.  BRU and FNX have virtually identical
playlists, the same "we're the cutting edge alternative station" mentality,
and both have been around for a long long time.  The 103.7 transmitter
probably covers even more area than 95.5 as well.  So it looks like Mindich
is going all-out to take on Providence's heritage alternative station.  I
wonder how much damage FNX will do to BRU's numbers.

The one upside to this is that anyone in the Providence and eastern
Connecticut areas who listens strictly to alternative will finally have
something to listen to on Sundays, at least after FNX's jazz show ends at
2PM...