Re: promo CDs

Cooper wrote:
>just started as a music director for a radio station
>in northern maine.  We have a small budget and was
>wondering the best way to go abotu getting promo
>CDs...  We get a dozen of them per week at WHSN

Where is the station and what is the format?  Back in the "old days" before
two big companies owned most of the stations, record companies were usually
willing to put even small stations on some sort of promo service if you
wrote on station letterhead and requested service.  It also helps if you
report to a trade publication like Gavin or Album Network, and if you put
out a weekly playlist, send it to the record companies so they can see
which ones of their records you are playing.