Re: Recordings mixed for AM (Was Re: Radio Disney in Boston)

At 12:01 PM 3/12/00 -0500, Martin J. Waters wrote:

>         It's not a question of the old argument about what fidelity the AM
>station puts out vs. FM, it's what the signal sounds like on the receiver.
>And the teen-age audience of the 50s and most of the 60s almost always was
>listening on either car radios, transistor radios, or cheap portable record
>players, and they all had speakers that at least seem now as if they were
>the size of your thumb nail.

Well, OK, I guess they did produce the sound with AM radio in mind.  But
the music also sounded good on FM, which I was listening to in those
days.  And it also sounded good at a record hop with the hall sound
system.  And those records still sound good on my stereo.

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                     617.367.0468
  15 Court Square                              lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/