Re: whom--- Satellite Weather

On Sun, 12 Mar 2000 WhomFAN@aol.com wrote:

> i have noticed in the last few weeks that the weather forecasts on WHOM (94.9
> Portland, me) have been called "satellite weather forecasts." They used
> Accuweather before this and those forecasts said accuweather. Is this just a
> Accuweather service with a different name or a different company all
> together? I have not noticed this anywhere else Maybe someone else has on
> this list.
>
> Though a few years ago I remember hearing the "radar weather forecast on
> either WMAS or WHYN in Springfield,MA. Not sure if they still use that name
> now.

I am pretty sure that "Radar Weather" refers to the weather reports from
the AP, as the college station that I work at gets all  their news and
weather from there and we refer to the weather as the "WHSN Radar Weather"

Isn't WHOM a Citadel station? What do other Citadel stations use as their
weather? I know WBLM aalso  uses "satelite" weather, and they have for
some time now, and they are a Citadel station. Accuweather I beleive is
the system that WGME-TV uses, formerly WGAN TV, which while they no longer
had the same ownership, often were still associated with each other
recently....did WGAN use a WGME meteoroligist ever for their weather
reports? Does the WGAN morning show still team up with WGME's news team
for a few minutes every morning? I am assuming that maybe WGME and WGAN
severed their relaationship with each other, while maybe Citadel got a
package deal where they can pay less money to use the satelite weather
forcasts on all of their Maine stations. That's my take and "opinion" but
all of it is speculation....

Jeremy