Re: Allston-Brighton Free Radio Debuts

At 01:52 PM 3/11/00 -0800, Bob Nelson wrote:

>I was driving toward Allston just before noon today
>and thought I heard some ethnic music on AM 1580, but
>it was probably _not_ Allston-Brighton Free Radio.
>As it turned out, once I drove past 107 Brighton Ave.,
>the ethnic music was suddenly drowned out by what
>sounded like big band. Some people were milling
>around in front of their HQ, carrying signs promoting
>the new station (the brief parade was about to start).

Around 6:15 PM, I drove from the junction of Commonwealth and Brighton
Avenues, up Brighton Avenue and Cambridge Street, with the car radio turned
to 1580.  I heard what sounded like rock music in Spanish, and then an
announcer speaking what sounded like Spanish.  The signal first became
recognizeable a block or two up Brighton Avenue.  It faded as I approached
St. Elizabeth Hospital.  It was never strong.

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                     617.367.0468
  15 Court Square                              lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/