Re: Question

On Sat, 11 Mar 2000, Dan Strassberg wrote:

> Bob Bittner said the same thing to me. As far as I know, you are both
> _quite_ wrong....

> WGTR Natick, MA.

This is the only one of the cases you mention that I know anything about.
The 25 kW version of WGTR operated under special temporary authority (STA)
pending the submission of a proof-of-performance showing that the station
conformed to the directional pattern specified in its construction permit.
Despite several attempts (in one of which I was a participant), the
station never succeeded in achieving the desired pattern; I was
subsequently told that the pattern was hopelessly unrealistic. This is
certainly a special case; applications to cover are normally routine (I
have filed three of them in the last two years).

Rob Landry
umar@nerodia.wcrb.com