Re: Things I've Noticed On WODS

Not surprising that some more recent music is making
it on to oldies stations. "Kokomo" is a good example;
I have also heard WODS run Billy Joel's "Uptown Girl"
from the early 80s, which sounds like an homage to the
Four Seasons sound, and I'd think they could play Roy
Orbison's swan song, "You Got It" (from 1988 or so)--
a case of a newer song by an oldies artist.

They can probably add some stuff from the late 70s
and 80s (Queen's "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" is
another retro-sounding song) but naturally they would
have to be selective. I couldn't picture the Mamas
and the Papas seguing into Quiet Riot or Adam Ant!
But who knows.

We did have an all-70s (later 70s and 80s) station
in Eagle 93.7 but that format burned out; but that
doesn't mean that 70s or 80s hits won't work on an
"oldies" station. But picking _which_ hits, now
there's the rub!

And how about the idea of an oldies station running
new wave hits of the 80s and early 90s, hmm? I think
it may actually be running somewhere. Katrina and the
Waves, Dexy's Midnight Runners, B-52s, XTC, Howard
Jones, (early) REM...