Re: Judy Jarvis

Wasn't her program distributed by TalkAmerica? If so,
Gene Burns' program ran opposite the first two hours of
Jarvis' show on the other TalkAmerica feed. If I'm
correct, I suppose that one option for TalkAmerica would
be to see if they can get WMEX and Burns to allow the
syndication of what is now the first hour of the Boston-
only part of Burns' show. I think WMEX would not want
that to happen. I've listened to Burns' national show in
the 12:00 to 2:00 slot on WMEX only once, but for
whatever reason, I thought it sounded decidedly inferior
to the local show. One reason might have been the
bartered commercials for herbal nostrums, potency aids,
and whatever. The ads that WMEX has found for itself,
presumably by using a Web auction of unsold ROS avails,
are decidedly higher class and don't scream quite so
loudly WE COULDN'T SELL THE TIME.