Re: WPTR in stereo

mwaters@mail.wesleyan.edu writes:

<<   Does anyone know the percentage of radio receivers out there that
 are AM stereo? My bet would be it's a single digit number.  >>

I have it in my (still running somehow) 1989 Mercury Grand Marquis. When I
bought the car, I had never heard anything in AM stereo. When I first got it,
I was surprised by the sound quality I got when turning to WJIB or any other
AM stereo station. (WFAN, and WBZ was stereo until sometime in the last year
or two.) I liked the added "uumph."

-Sean