Re: WPTR in stereo

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot...my previous message should have read
as follows:

AM stereo has (to my knowledge) completely disappeared from both factory and
aftermarket car stereo in the US.  As for consumer home-based receivers, it has
also completely disappeared apart from a very tiny gray market (see
http://www.stereoam.com for a depressingly illiterate example of a fast-fading
phenomenon.)  The only available consumer AM stereo radio for the US market
that I am aware of is the $36.95-list Sony SRF-42 analog-tuning AM/FM Walkman.
http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/consumer/ss5/portable/walkmanrtmstereos/walkmanrtmr
adio-only/srf-42.shtml

It should go without saying that I'd be delighted to be proven wrong on any of
the above points.

Take care,
Chris, who is no Rhodes scholar himself, but gimme a break...

"It certainly improves the sound of AM but now we need something done about the
programming. Instead of just sucking it sucks in stereo."--a poster to the
broadcast.net web board in 1997