Movement Atop the CBS Tower

My travels this weekend brought me to the area of the
WBZ-TV (+WCVB,WGBH,WGBX and DTV's thereof) tower on
Cedar St in Needham during daylight. I immediately noticed from the highway what looked like a structure
 for workmen
(probably men; I doubt women go into this line of work
and NO I am NOT a sexist pig, just a garden variety pig)
attached to the tower.  I went to a parking space with
a clear view of the tower, pulled out my trusty
binoculars, and behold: the mast with the channel 4
antenna was gone! There was some steel up there
(this was the weekend and no work was being done).
So tower-watchers in the western suburbs:  keep a
daily eye on the doings there;  I work in the Rt 128
area a few miles north, but it ain't Daylight Savings
time yet.  I'm sure that as the weather gets ideal and
the winds die down that work will proceed apace.
I get the WGBH contributors' mag and it's been
commenting on tower work that could cause problems with
reception of ch 2 and ESPECIALLY ch 44.  And what's
ch 4 doing?

Laurence from Methuen

Get free personalized email at http://email.lycos.com