Re: NorthEast Radio Watch 3/3

>Pat Monteith of WUMB mentioned  WUMB's ten-year battle with WGBH, WERS
>and WPRO-FM to get the license for 91.9.
>
>I can readily understand 'PRO-FM's objection. On what grounds, though,
>did 'GBH and 'ERS object? Must have been something other than the
>frequency.

Maybe the original UMB application was for 89.3 or thereabouts.  Just
a guess... although I think I remember seeing something like that...

Some years back, while rummaging through the WMBR archives, I came
across a folder that contained copies of petitions to deny (and
counter-petitions to deny those, etc.) regarding WUMB's original
application.  I doubt we still have that folder - a lot of those
archives have been thown away over the years - but if I come across
it, I'll let you all know what I find...

-Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros@mit.edu