WKOX from WUNR site

I checked out whether there would be prohibited overlap between WKOX and
WESX if WKOX were to run 50 kW DA-D from the WUNR site. The answer is, it's
a close call. The area that seems to pose the greatest problem is in
Winthrop, where I believe that WESX delivers 25 mV/m and where WKOX might do
so. Overlap of 25 mV/m contours would be more likely at night, but since
WESX, as a Class C AM, has no protected nighttime service, I don't think the
nighttime overlap would pose a problem. Overlap would be more likely if WKOX
were to use the existing WUNR towers than if new shorter towers, as
described in WKOX's current CP, can be constructed. Part of the reason is
that Winthrop is north as well as east of the Saw Mill Brook Parkway site,
and  the WUNR towers would produce a pattern that was pretty much aimed at
Winthrop, whereas WKOX's CP specifies towers on a due east-west line. The
other part of the reason is the considerably greater efficiency of  the WUNR
towers (154 degrees at 1200) vs the 85-degree towers specified in WKOX's
current CP. If new towers are to be built, the most obvious way of dealing
with the problem is to use the two end towers in the new array for daytime
service instead of the center tower and one of the end towers as WKOX's CP
proposes. The two end towers would be 120 degrees apart and would produce a
fatter, shallower pattern than would two towers 60-degrees apart. The
shallower pattern would provide a better signal to points north and south of
Boston at the expense of some signal reduction downtown and particularly in
Dorchester. Nevertheless, the signal in all of Boston would be more than
adequate.