Re: TalkAmerica story

Sean wrote:
>Interesting piece in today's (2/11) edition of The Neponset Valley Daily
>News on the satellite talker. Personally, I severly doubt TalkAmerica has
>12 million listeners, as the
>headline on the print version claims.

I have always wondered where the money for this little venture came from,
as some of the personalities are fairly well known and certainly would cost
a lot of money.  I also wonder why the newspaper article underplayed the
controversial Chuck Harder, whose show has accused President Clinton of
being worse than Hitler and has said that Hillary wants to implant citizens
with computer  chips in order to track their movements... and that was on a
slow day...   (I am not making this up-- I've got some of his shows on
tape...)  He also discusses alien abductions and shills for donations for
his tapes and books which propound various conspiracy theories.  Harder and
Gene Burns on the same network--  how bizarre...  But I digress.  Tom Star
is right when he says that many stations much prefer to air syndicated
shows-- the 12 million listeners is "potential", I am sure, since the
network is not on in only big markets...