Re: CINW All News

I have been following this saga for awhile and since I know a good deal
about Montreal, these are my observations.
and questions?

Is Info690 also running a tape loop at night? I can understand scaling down
the english operation if the french outlet is paying the bills. How is the
french media looking at Info690?

Because of what they promised when the CRTC awarded them 940 and 690, is
this the reason they are not picking up the Expos? It would seem that
running a WBZ type of format would be a perfect fit for 940, and by running
the Expos and local talk at night, could attract an audience in the
Northeastern part of the US, plus Ontario, and Atlantic Canada.
(someone like Ted Tavian could get people off the island to tune in simply
because he is nut)

The other reality is that  English Montreal media in general is a shell of
what it used to be. You see very few copies of the Gazette read on the
Metro, the Gazette itself is a shell of what it was, CFCF12 and Pulse have
been stripped to the bone, Global is a farce, CBMT news is a disgrace.

English Montreal died the day Sun Life moved to Toronto, with the Bank of
Montreal right behind. It's sad but true.