Re: All-News Radio Format

>  >My question is the following:  Is it common for all-news stations to
>  >advertise as being "24-hours, constantly-updated"...then run a taped
>  >newscast overnights (i.e. between Midnight and 5AM or so)...time checks are
>  >edited out (i.e. rather than 940NEWS time is... the tape runs saying simply
>  >940NEWS (pause...no bother to compress after the edit)...and on and on it
>  >goes)....
><snip>

Actually, I think the closest thing we have to an all news station in
Boston is WBUR.  But, they do use a bit of taped material themselves.
I've even heard them play Weekend Edition segments that are a week
old.

A lot of these stations that call themselves all news really don't
have much news at all, unless you consider traffic and weather
reports every few minutes to be news!

---
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH