Re: When a station in Maine burned down

In a message dated 02/05/2000 11:55:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mwaters@mail.wesleyan.edu writes:

<< Bruce Stevens said it's also just
 about the anniversary of the day the station he worked at in Maine in 1978
 burning to the ground. I'm curious: What station was that? >>

in 1978, Bruce was doing morning drive at WABK in Augusta.  I believe that,
at the time, the large building at the base of the AM stick served as mitter
shack and studios.  and yeah, when i was there (for a six month cup of coffee
in '84), the scorch marks were still evident on parts of the building.

- -Chuck Igo