Re: AM carrier current (was Re: Radio Free Allston back? )

Not sure if he was at WNTN or not; and, if so, why
that was not included in the movie. I've never read
the original book --maybe it's mentioned there.

By the way, is it true that Pat Whitley was the
program director portrayed in the film (given the
nickname Pig Vomit-- and played by Paul Giamatti,
who also appears as Andy Kaufman's comedy partner in
"Man on the Moon")? I had heard that Pat was a
"program
director at NBC" for awhile and somehow heard this
rumor that he was the model for the character.
(Remember the scene where the P.D. was trying to get
Howard to say the call letters HIS way-- "double yah
ENNNNN! bee see"?)