Re: I read the Legal Notices so you don't have to

I believe that, when Fairbanks became interested in the former Unisys site
on Route 117 in Sudbury, they lost interest in the WNTN site (which
Fairbanks proposed to use only for daytime ND operation--WKOX's original
application was for dual-site operation; night service, with 50 kW-DA, was
to emanate from the current Framingham site). Of course, the Sudbury town
fathers had something else to say about a WKOX move to Sudbury. Now I
realize that what I have suspected for some time must be true--Langer must
have filed the objections noted on the FCC AM database records for WKOX's CP
for 50 kW-DA-2 from the current site. He must have filed the objections,
with Faibanks' full knowledge and understanding, to buy time for the
buildout of WMEX and to take the pressure off WKOX until that work was done.

My question now is, is there enough room for WKOX at the WUNR site? I'm
guessing, but I suspect that the proposal is to remove WUNR's two existing
300-plus-foot towers and replace them with the three shorter towers that all
of WKOX's applications have specified. WUNR would then diplex from those
three towers using a power higher than the current 5 kW. I can imagine
significantly more power for WUNR--perhaps 25 kW-D and 50 kW-N. The reasons
for the lower daytime power are first-adjacent WSMN and WARV.

Reportedly, Hoffman had adamantly rebuffed all proposals that involved WKOX
using the WUNR site. Fairbanks (or more likely Radio Unica, which was
alleged to be the _real_ buyer of WKOX in last year's failed $15.2 million
sale) sweetened the deal enough to turn Hoffman around. For sure, if WUNR
can substantially increase power, the station's value will appreciate
significantly. But I'd guess that the future of the Saw Mill Brook Parkway
site is to transmit ethnic programming. No (or very little) English will be
spoken there.