Re: Radio Free Allston back?

Bill wrote:
>Scott Saloway wrote:
>> There's a weird little article in today's BU student rag (the Daily Free
>> Press) on how Radio Free Allston is about to return. Of course, it lacks
>> any explanation of HOW the station got permission from the FCC/got around
>> the rules so it could resume broadcasting.
>
>Could that have to do with RFA's expected jump upon the new LPFM
>allocations?  Based upon the strings on this list, it would likely
>have to be a 10 watter.  Does RFA fall under the guidelines of
>having been in a state of good behavior with the FCC?

I was under the (possibly mistaken) impression that the FCC was nowhere
near ready to begin accepting, much less approving, LPFM applications
just yet.

Did the article say where RFA is going to be found on the dial?  I don't
think they can go back to their old position, at least not without raising
the ire of whichever one of Boston's commercial FMs was complaining about
interference from them in the first place...

-Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros@mit.edu