Re: VPR on 1370 Bennington

<<On Sun, 30 Jan 2000 12:04:49 -0500, Larry Weil <kc1ih@mediaone.net> said:

> No!  A news/talk station would cost a fortune to produce, there is no
> way they could get anywhere near enough money out of their small
> coverage area to support such an operation.

Unless, of course, they acquired more AM stations from commercial
broadcasters -- particularly in more populous areas.  (For example, if
Hall or whoever they are today decided they wanted the tax deduction
to jettison WJOY.)  For a network to make sense, they'd probably have
to add stations in Burlington, Middlebury, Rutland, and Montpelier --
at least some of which might be available for the right consideration.

-GAWollman