Re: LPFM Rules

<<On Sun, 30 Jan 2000 19:07:16 -0500, mwaters@mail.wesleyan.edu (Martin J. Waters) said:

> The reason the courts are a waste of time, IMO, is that the FCC
> basically can do whatever it wants with something like this.  [...]
> Unless you can show that the FCC acted in violation of the
> Communications Act, you're not going to get anywhere in court.

...or the Administrative Procedure Act, or various Due Process arcana
which I understood for all of about fifteen seconds.  It all boils
down to the same thing: the FCC can do whatever it wants provided it
doesn't either (1) violate the constitution [see also /Pacifica/] or
(2) violate the laws determining how the FCC is supposed to make
regulations.

-GAWollman