Tai filling in for Jerry

Today while I was doing my blues show on WMWM (Salem
State), our technical advisor, Tom "Tai" Irwin dropped
by. (Morning guy for years at WFNX, then a talk host
at WRKO until recently.) He said he will be filling in
for Jerry Williams on WMEX on Tuesday (Noon to 2 pm
on AM 1060).

There were comments on this list about Tai's method
of dealing with callers. I didn't pay attention to
that; instead, I noticed how he did interviews with
local bands and comedians... I'm sure he had many
college students and young adults listening. Maybe
he'll grab a job someday at WTKK, WMEX, or some other
station. He told me 'RKO "didn't leave well enough
alone with their lineup" (i.e., getting rid of hosts
like him) and the turnover of owners (American Radio/
CBS/ Entercom) had led to changes which may or may not
have been such good ideas. Hope Tai catches on somewhere.