Re: WBZ Digital?

>Scott Saloway wrote:
>I noticed on WBZ's 6 o'clock news tonight that they now say "Broadcasting
>Digitally into the New Millennium." Does that mean the tower work is done
>and they've got the digital transmitter up and running?
>
>Or has this already happened and am I just out of the loop?

        I actually don't know the answer to your question about the digital
transmitter. But I have a question of my own: Where are all the WBZers who
lurk on this list who have the answers to the recent bunch of questions
about what's up on the tech side over there?)
        I do know that during the daytime this past week WBZ has been
operating at low power, apparently the 10 kW from the auxiliary antenna at
the studio. They were on low yesterday afternoon, and for the second or
third time during the week that I heard they turned it back up to full
right around 3 p.m. So they're doing some type of work.