Re: Bruins Pre-Empt The "Night Train Show"

Bob Nelson wrote:

> Hmm, CBS putting sports on FM in Boston (well, they
> already do this with the Patriots on sister station
> WBCN)...

In New York, Infinity routinely dumps conflicting games from all sports
WFAN to extreme talker WNEW-FM.  Before that, games would also pop up on
WXRK, back when they were classic rock in the early 90's.  With the
sports commitment that Infinity has there, with the Mets, Jets, Rangers,
Knicks, St. Johns and CBS radio sports, conflicts are common on 660,
particularly in the wintertime.  They have been hesitant to use their
two all-news AM's, WINS and WCBS, for games.  Maybe they see the future
of sports play-by-play going to FM.  Either that, or the amount of
displaced billing would be less on one of their FM's, rather than the
"spot-rich" AM stations.

> These bumps and pre-emptions happen with Entercom,
> too.

When WRKO & WEEI were owned by ARS, that company bought a third AM
station, WNFT in Boston (now WAMG?)   1150 used to pick up the conflict
games from WEEI during that period.  Once 1150 was sold off, or Entercom
bought 680 & 850 (I forget which happened first), the EEI leftovers went
back to WRKO.

Mike Thomas
WXLO & Mediabase 24/7