Re: WMEX

In January, the first step down comes at 2:45, but they
are still at relatively high power. Local sunset is at
4:45. At that time, the power drops significantly, but
you should still be able to hear WMEX in Brookline
without serious problems. Philadelphia sunset is at 5:00
PM. At that time, the power drops to the point that a
listenable signal is probably confined to the area
between Route 9 near Framingham Center on the north and
downtown Framingham on the south. Signoff comes at 6:45
in January. Between 5:00 and 6:45 PM and between 6:00
and 7:15 AM, if there is no electrical noise, such as
from fluorescent lights, I can hear WMEX about half the
time in Arlington at the Lexington line, just north of
Route 2. The other half of the time, I hear KYW.
Although I can hear WMEX, the reception usually isn't
good enough to make out what's being said. The power
might be as high as 15W, but is probably lower.