WBZ vs. WMEX signals

        Dan Strassberg has raised a great question about what's with the
apparent lack of protest from WBZ tech folks regarding signal protection by
WMEX. In Scituate today, at midday, I was getting faint splash from WILD on
the WMEX signal on the SupEradio III. That's when I started figuring out
that WBZ was on low power, because I certainly would have expected WBZ to
splash more than WILD. I was around 11 miles from the WBZ main antenna.
        Although I'll have to wait until sometime when WBZ is running full
power to check, I figure WMEX may have a noticeable WBZ splash problem
within 5 to 10 miles of WBZ--which, unfortunately for WMEX, includes
downtown Boston (about 10 miles away over salt water) as well as places
like Scituate.
        At the same time, I wonder whether WBZ is going to have a splash
problem of significance close to the WMEX antenna. Tens of thousands of
people with stupid $4 clock radios and OE car radios live within 5 to 10
miles of the WMEX/WKOX antenna.