Re: WBZ vs. WMEX signals

On 24 Jan 00,  Martin J. Waters wrote:

>         Although I'll have to wait until sometime when WBZ is running full
> power to check, I figure WMEX may have a noticeable WBZ splash problem
> within 5 to 10 miles of WBZ--which, unfortunately for WMEX, includes
> downtown Boston (about 10 miles away over salt water) as well as places
> like Scituate.

I was listening to WMEX Saturday afternoon on my car radio as I drove into
downtown Boston.  I didn't get splash, but I got some loud noise downtown,
which is the same kind of noise that used to drown out WADN when I used to
try to listen to UMass football on that station.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                 617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                             lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503              http://world.std.com/~lawyer/