Re: Bob Bittner's Unlikely Ally In The Fight Against The"Cash Machine"

On 21 Jan 00,  Mike Thomas wrote:

> Who needs the device?  All you have to do is pitch up the songs a little
> bit, and you can easily do "12 in a row every hour" and also squeeze in 15
> commercial units.  I'm suprised more corporate broadscasters aren't doing
> this.  It was routinely done in the 1970's and 1980's, and up until
> recently Kiss 108 pitched up their music to get "12 in a row" in.  Since
> they abandoned that stragedy, the up-pitching has decreased there.  Maybe
> listener irritance with the practice finally stopped it.

Listener irritation certainly hasn't changed WCRB's habit of playing the
same handful of records over and over.  Since when do stations care if
they irritate their listeners?

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                 617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                             lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503              http://world.std.com/~lawyer/