Re: Talking Information Ctr.

|   Hal has been with WPOR in Portland for almost 25 years now, and was just
| informed his services as an on-air personality were no longer required.  this
| word followed his "demotion" to overnights from a very stable & respectably
| rated midday host a couple of years back after the ownership change of WPOR
| was completed.

Demotion is the word, and it requires no quotation marks.  Though nobody *owes*
Hal a job, he was (and is) a hell of a broadcaster (and Music Director, I might
add.)  I was proud to work with him at WPOR.  Here's hoping he lands on his
feet with a station that respects genuine talent.

Take care,
Chris, who never knew he'd end up actually *missing* Bob Gold