Re: WPTR

WHAS is 50-kW ND-U--same facilities day and night.

As for KXEL, isn't it licensed to Waterloo-Cedar Falls?
That's how I remember it from 50+ years ago, when I used
to listen in New York. I don't know how close or how far
Waterloo is to Cedar Rapids; the station might well have
moved. One thing that's almost certainly true, though:
whatever KXEL's COL, the community is smaller than Fort
Wayne. If so, those who claimed that WOWO was the Class
A AM that was licensed to the community with the lowest
population of any in the 48 contiguous states to which a
Class A AM was licensed, were in error.