Fw: WPTR's signal?

Sorry, but I should have noted that these comments are only about the NIGHT
TIME signal.

WPTR's day signal has always been low near Springfield, and  I haven't
*noticed* a change---but the skywave signal at night has gone from nearly
the loudest thing on the dial in 1967 to a very poor signal now.

 Is it possible some building was erected in the near field?, or they
installed a new antenna system?, or part of the ground system was
destroyed?

Thanks for the comments

Mark Casey