Re: WPTR's signal?

A question was posed as to why WPTR's signal doesn't seem to be what it
used to... and
Rick Kelly wrote:

> Of course, it may also be due to the deterioration of WPTR's ground
> system, which probably hasn't been maintained since the Nixon
> Administration.

Ron adds:

Grounding is a big factor here. You gotta have a good solid ground grid and
maintain it or your signal, no matter how great, will go to pot. It's also
essential for use in grounding the station's equipment and keeping blasted
RF from bleeding into everything. I learned that at WLLH 1400 Lowell, Ma,
with the rooftop antenna tower, and it sure held true when 20 years later I
found myself working as a host and sub for the oft-vacationing engineer at
WYHI 1570, a 5kw station with onsite xmtr.

Ron Gitschier, feet well grounded in salt water...
Jacksonville, FL