Re: WPTR's signal?

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000 11:51:27 -0500 "Mark Casey" <map@map.com> writes:

> What has happened to WPTR's signal over the years? They were so loud
> in the
> sixties, here near Springfield, Mass.
> PTR was always louder then KB here back then but recently (the last
> 20  years or so) has faded way down. Anybody with thoughts on this?

I've been in Springfield about 20 years myself, and I always attributed
it to my guess that Springfield was not in a major lobe of the night
pattern... but I may be wrong about that.  (Springfield is little south
of Albany.)  I'll bet Dan could straighten that point out.

Of course, it may also be due to the deterioration of WPTR's ground
system, which probably hasn't been maintained since the Nixon
Administration.

--Rick Kelly

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.