Re: Casco Bay Weekly story on radio

In a message dated 1/14/00 12:41:52 AM Eastern Standard Time,
steveord@wavewizard.com writes:

<< Maybe some of us in radio ought to go over to the CBW
 and tell them how to run a newspaper. >>

In fairness to CBW, I happened to have worked with the editor (David Tyler)
in a former life, and he knows his journalism.

However, there is a problem when newspapers get preachy. From what I guess --
I've never read CBW -- it's more of an alternative, take-a-stand type weekly.
I think they would have been better-served having a long-time jock or
programmer writing opinion pieces than by this, though I am definitely not
trying to second-guess their decision making.

-Sean