Re: DJs and laryngitis

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Nelson <theblues4u@yahoo.com>

>Anyone else have advice for this? I'm coming off a
>cold myself (aren't we all) and I wonder if anyone
>here has sage advice for bringing your voice back.
>Thanks!
>
>Bob Nelson
>WMWM Salem

Bob, I don't have any real advice, but can sympathesize.
At WQAI, I deejayed from 06:30 to9AM, then did a call in show from 9AM
straight to 3:30 or 4. Then Deejay again until 6 or 7 PM. No news or long
stop sets... That really wears out an otherwise normal throat/pipes. I
really wanted to get into radio as a young lad, and learned one really ought
to be careful of what you wish for. You just might get it... in 13 hour
doses. :-)

Ron Gitschier
formerly known as the (sometimes hoarse) 70s Guy at AM 1570 Fernandina
Beach, FL.