Re: WTRY (was Re: WPTR, again

The '73 aircheck is at http://www.digisys.net/users/csdfg/Radio.html. In
the '73 aircheck, which I think is an overnight shift, he calls the station
"The Sound Of Oldies" as well as "Great 98"; heard are "Lady Godiva,"
"Hush," and "I'll Never Fall In Love Again." The current mixed in (Jim
Croce's "One Last Set Of Footsteps") is referred to as a  "future memory."

This suggests that maybe it was oldies/Top 40 mix then, with some
preference for oldies, and the currents eventually got mixed out? I know
that by the early 80s, whether there were currents or not in the mix, they
did a ton of late-night and weekend oldies shows... but I didn't listen to
the radio during the daytime then.

BTW, this site also has a check from WWOM (perhaps the most boring station
in memory) and one from WABY's religious period.

You might also find the airchecks at http://www.gis.net/~nuhuc/huc/ of
interest.