Re: WLLH-AM Lawrence transmitter off-air

I realize this is a tad different but might interest some people in the area of
frequency synchronization ... The Mass State Police's new 800 Mhz trunked radio
system has multiple synched transmitters working together all over the State.
Now these are are FM transmitters connected by a large statewide microwave
system so the charistitics are a little different but the transmitters frequency
stabilization is controlled with some sort of GPS system. When you are between
two of them you hear kind of a mobile flutter kind of sound but with more of a
regular pattern.
Some sites that explain the Trunk are at:

http://lynx.dac.neu.edu/s/stjohnso/ematrunk/msp/msp.html
http://24.128.24.108/massstate.ram